The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, by Steven Covey is an-all time best selling classic, having sold 25 million copies in 40 different languages. The habits can be seen as 7 perspectives that serve as a guide to success in your personal and business life. We’ve created this 3 minute video to help you view, focus, review and recall the habits.
We will be regularly releasing 3 minute videos covering a broad range of business and personal topics, in the following formats: 1) Free overviews; 2) Free series of several videos which provide a deeper look at the topic; and 3) Full series of videos with all the information you need to succeed.
Our goal in this video is to give you a basic understanding of the 7 habits and to give you a conceptual framework in a graphical form to enable you to easily memorize and recall them.
We’ve organized the 7 Habits under an effective living framework of accomplishment, connection and growth. These are the 3 drivers of a fulfilling life and although Covey himself did not use this framework, the habits group nicely under these three heading as shown below:
1. Be Proactive – Take responsibility to direct, organize, and enhance our lives.
2. Keep the End in Mind – Define meaningful goals around values and roles.
3. First Things First – Organize and execute around the most important priorities.
4. Think Win-Win – Look for mutual benefit in all interactions.
5. Seek First to Understand and Then to be Understood – Listen closely to what people are saying.
6. Synergize – Cooperate by respecting differences and building on strengths.
7. Sharpen the Saw – Continuously look to strengthen our body, heart, mind, and soul.
We hope you take the time to watch the video and incorporate these powerful perspectives into your life.