Don’t get me wrong, it’s certainly true that mother knows best, but unless she’s a Doctor or a scientist, let’s take her medical advice with a grain of salt. Health ambien News Headlines breaks some bad news with: Five Things Your Mom Was Wrong About.
1. Antibacterial Soap. Research has failed to prove any benefits of antibacterial soap over standard soap. In fact, overuse of antibacterial soap can be detrimental as it may foster bacterial resistance and hormonal effects.
2. Multivitamins. Long term research has failed to show any benefit for those not suffering from micronutrient deficiencies.
3. Cold weather causes flu. It seems that the only time of year that flu increases is the school year. Last year, balmy Mississippi had the most cases of flu in the country.
4. Starve a fever. Feed a cold. Medical researchers say, eat when you feel hungry. Don’t force yourself and don’t starve yourself. Hydration is just as important as eating habits.
5. Avoid dairy when you have a cold. Studies consistently show that dairy does not produce mucus.
Mom is still right about chicken soup, brushing your teeth and wearing clean underwear so don’t ignore her advice completely. And when you do, be nice about it!